Enjoy the holidays this winter with gifts your seniors will adore.
It’s not always easy getting past the generational gap and finding presents your elderly parents will actually enjoy.
But not to worry. Here’s a list of some of the top Christmas presents for all types of seniors.
For seniors who love nature:
- Museum tickets- It may be too cold to go for a hike, but it’s never too cold for a trip to the museum. Buy your senior tickets to a fun nature museum, where they can get out of the house and learn new facts. They’ll love this gift even more if you go with them!
- Nature books- If a museum is too far, buy your senior some nature photography books. You can find some of the most beautiful sceneries and bits of hidden nature in these types of albums.
- Nature-themed accessories- If all else fails, you can never go wrong with a pair of warm fuzzy socks or a throw blanket. Find a winter accessory with your senior’s favorite animal, place, or season. Your loved ones will smile wide every time they wear it.
For seniors who love traveling:
- Vacation tickets- If you can afford the cost, why not send your senior to a new location that’s a little warmer? Let them enjoy themselves on a tropical island or a trip down south. No matter the location, vacation tickets are always a welcome present.
- City tour- If you can’t afford a full-blown vacation for your senior, not to worry. You can still give your senior the gift of travel with an inexpensive city tour. Let them travel by a guided tour on train or on bus, and get a good look at all the gorgeous Christmas lights. They might even find some new hidden city treasures!
For seniors who love technology:
- Smartphone- Even seniors who love technology sometimes find themselves stuck in the stone age. Get your senior away from their old flip phones, and bring them to the twenty-first century with a smartphone of their own. And, make it a bonding experience by sitting down and showing them how to work the phone. It’ll make the gift that much more special.
- Alexa or Google Home- Seniors will absolutely love talking with one of these devices. Not only that, but these voice command devices are also extremely practical for seniors. Amazon Echo devices can help the elderly find their phone, remember to take medications or send alerts when your senior needs help.
For seniors who love culture:
- Tickets to a show- This time of year, there are tons of great shows playing. Buy your seniors tickets to an opera, Broadway show, theatrical play, comedy set, or concert. The choices are limitless. Just be sure to buy your tickets in advance, because they do sell out quickly during the holidays.
- New movies- Don’t want to take a trip to a theater? Bring the shows to you! Buy your seniors some of the latest movies. It may sound like a small gift, but they’ll certainly appreciate the movies when they’re snowed in with nothing much to do. You can also sign them up for a new streaming service, where they can watch all their favorite shows and movies anytime.