If you need home care services and meet eligibility requirements this program offers you alternative ways to receive home care services and direct your own care by choosing the person YOU want to care for you. The PAS program puts you in charge of your own care.
You are responsible for interviewing and hiring your caregiver, scheduling, directing the plan of care and verifying the accuracy of all timesheets submitted. You must, however; use a Fiscal Agency (selected home care agency) to process all payroll and taxes for employment. The caregiver, while hired by you, may be eligible to receive additional compensatory benefits such as Health Insurance, 401k, Overtime Pay and Vacation Pay from our agency. Angels On Call offers a robust employment & compensation plan. Choose your Angel & call us TODAY at 215-344-7999
Benefits of PAS program.
- AS program puts you in control of your care
- You designate the person you trust and love to be your personal care giver
- You do not have to hire a caregiver from a home care agency
- You can hire a relative, neighbor or friend (unfortunately, you cannot hire a spouse or a Power of Attorney to be your caregiver)
Who Pays for PAS & What Are The Costs Associated?
- No Costs to enroll – Consumers must be Medicaid eligible and approved by the Area Department on Aging
- Medicaid pays for the PAS program
- Free to participate in PAS
Type of Services Provided Include:
- Medication reminders & health maintenance activities
- Bathing and personal hygiene
- Dressing and grooming
- Meal Prep
- Shopping, laundry, light house cleaning and chores
- Assistance with transportation
Who is Eligible for PAS?
- Must live in PA
- Be over the age of 18
- Must be a Medicaid recipient or eligible to receive Medicaid benefits and consumers must be approved by the Area Department on Aging.
- Requires assistance with ADL (activities of Daily Living)