Working at Angels on Call is more than a job – it is a commitment to be your best. We know that good can be better and better can be best. This is what our patients expect from us and deserve every day. Angels on Call Home Care is Home Care with an Angels Touch!
Central Intake Coordinator Job Summary
Under direct supervision of the Home Care Operations Manager, this position is expected to perform a variety of duties in the data intake processes for home care consumers. The Intake Coordinator is responsible for keeping track of all new and existing consumer information using the centralized data system HHAeXchange.
Central Intake Coordinator Responsibilities and Duties
- Receives all incoming calls for referrals of new service and inquiries regarding potential new service
- Documents client requests on electronic Intake Form
- Establishes a time line for call back /acceptance of referral, or refers to Marketing Director for additional information as requested by family or payer case manager
- Distributes referrals and service orders to appropriate Scheduling Coordinator
- Tracks all potential private pay clients
- Makes follow up call – backs to conclusion
- Forwards copies of new referrals to the Nursing Supervisors to schedule assessments
- Enters e-copy & faxed service order information into centralized database as received as well as documenting holds/terminations/renewals etc.
- Forwards electronic service orders to Territory Scheduling Coordinators
- Enters Nursing Supervisory visits for those payors requiring nursing supervision
- Receives, distributes and scans daily transmissions of service orders.
- Compares accuracy of the requested service to the actual service order
- Enters e-copy & faxed service order information into centralized data system client file as received
- Tracks receipt of new plans of care
- Scans all hard copy files
- Contacts service coordinators to request new business, based on information from HR & staffing coordinators
- Acts as back up for Marketing Director as negotiator of private pay rates and service requests
- Maintains SCO/Client/Advertising logs and reports as directed by V.P. of Operations and Contract Manager
- Assists with data collection at times of audits
- Fills in for coordinating staff on vacation
- Helps build relationships with clients and caregivers over the phone
- Recognize and capture opportunities to increase service hours in scenarios to enhance and/or increase quality care.
- Responsible for answering the phone and handling the call appropriately or transferring/taking messages for the appropriate office staff member.
- Confirmation calls to new and existing clients to ensure ongoing client satisfaction.
- Assists the leadership team during audits and/or special projects.
- Participation in the after-hours on-call rotation as assigned is required.
- Participate in staff meetings, department meetings, team meetings, briefings, in-services, and other activities as needed.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with company policy is expected.
- Interacts with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional, confidential and ethical manner.
- Create and maintain a professional atmosphere that is also a fun place to work.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Central Intake Coordinator Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient PC skills. HHAeXchange software system experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, quarterly, monthly and yearly work
- Professional telephone étiquette.
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Interpersonal skills that promote interdisciplinary collaboration and effective communication.
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Valid driver’s license and an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Angels on Call requirements and is in good working order.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Excellent observation and communication skills.
- Able to prioritize multiple competing demands of time and attention.
- Promotes teamwork and is able to redirect “we” vs. “they” attitudes/statements.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
Scheduling Coordinator is eligible for health, dental, vision and voluntary benefits, as well as PTO, etc.
Central Intake Coordinator position is a full-time, hourly position. Office hours are 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Some on call may be required.